Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Breakfast.

Due to strange and long-story circumstances, we have had a blender in this house for approximately one week. I got super excited that it was there and bought a weeks supply of stuff to make my favorite green smoothie (mango avocado spinach). It was awesome starting every day with a smoothie, because I previously was eating peanut butter toast and banana every morning. That gets boring.

I went to Costco last week and snagged a huge bag of frozen blueberries, dreaming about the delicious smoothies I was going to make. Then the blender fell on the floor. And there is a hole in the container.  

Now this tragedy isn't anyones fault, because the whole contraption the blender is sitting on is stupid in the first place. There is a shaky table above the trash cans with this big microwave on top of it, and the blender was sitting on top of that when it fell. Its like that Barney song "The Green Grass Grows All Around." (I don't think you'll regret clicking on that link.)

My bottle of balsamic vinegar already fell victim to this table setup. It was only a matter of time before something else fell.

The great thing about Spanish is you can say "se cayĆ³," which means it fell, but is basically saying oh it made itself fall. Blame the blender for falling.

Well Barney songs aside I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that big bag of blueberries. I'm not sure if the blender will be replaced or fixed (hopefully soon?). I caved and bought some raisin bran (I have been against packaged cereal for so long now it did feel wrong to put it in my shopping basket).  Now I can at least put my blueberries in something.

UPDATE: Since I drafted this post the blender was replaced with a new blender, with a glass container. It is still on top of the shaky table even though we suggested otherwise. We´ll see how long it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment